Our Favorite Quotes

" The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
*~ Alice Walker~*

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bittersweet Ending

Last night was a bittersweet night...my final outing with the Children's Emergency Shelter with the Junior League, but I am moving to God's higher calling and purpose to become the co-chair of the Project Girls empowerment and mentoring committee.
This past year has been a moving experience to allow me to be a light until children who do not know God.
I have had the privilege to meet wonderful children in a bad situation whose lives did not ask for the trouble placed upon them. My heart still goes out to them and I know adopting is what my husband and I truly want.

I had a great time as usual and I was honored and humbled and I hope people especially people of color will learn to open their hearts and minds to adopt a child.

We really want a younger child after dealing with my stepdaughter's troubles and her mother.
We are trying to try for our own though but we know adoption is a must. We would like a child in DHS around 2-3 years of age but we know that is tough.

So far we are praying about it and the Oklahoma DHS have asked us to consider foster parenting but our heart is too weak to do so and the pain would be much too much to endure at this point in our lives. We are ready to build our family and grow it and not to subtract anyone from our family. God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven I hear myself repeat. Oh how God's mercy and goodness follows us each day. I keep asking God to show me his will and not my will.

I keep asking God to grant me serenity, create in my a clean heart, and teach me his ways.


Keep me in prayer please!
Thanks!

Blessed Hannah

1 comment:

Sweet Patience said...

It is good to see you back blogging also. We need to catch up. Since we last talked, I have had a lot of new things to come up and some other options. Email me! I hope that you are doing well. Be encouraged and know that your season is coming too!