Our Favorite Quotes

" The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
*~ Alice Walker~*

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 21, 2009

Fears of being a Foster-adopt parent

Some of our wise friends have gave us strong wisdom and advice of parenting. They told us to foster in order to learn about the welfare of the children, where they came from, what they are dealing with, the pressures, and conflicts that may arise with children who are in the foster care system. She said it would be very wise of us to do so instead of adopting because with adopting we can not send the child back if there are too many problems with a child. But with fostering we see the problems and we can decide if we want this or not.

I understand clearly but I do not know if I am being naive or if I am being compassionate, or silly... I want to be there for a child, and parent,of course I am not a parent as my husband is. I am confused because I do not want to foster a child that I have become so attached to and the child is reunited with his parents. ( Thi is the ultimate goal which we know this and that is why we are not ready for the foster parent role.) We would rather adopt a child that is legally free and ready to come to a great home with great and loving parents.


The question is... Am I being too naive????? Should I foster parent to adopt if the child become available to adopt.... or wait and wait, to adopt the child we are looking for ( age 18 months-3 years of age) ?????

We are praying about this! We seek counsel of Godly people, please leave comments about your story.

Thank you!!! :-)

Today's Food for Thought--

A Child Like Me?

With saddened eyes and head bent low,

It's damaged goods most see.

Whith my unclear past and broken heart,

Who would want a child like me?

I watch her walk into the room.

From a distance I can see.

But dare I take a closer step?

Who would want a child like me?

And then I see her look my way.

She smiles so tenderly.

But do I even dare to dream,

She would want a child like me?

And then, as if I spoke out loud,

She approaches cautionsly.

I try so hard to once believe,

She will want a child like me.

But dare I once let down my gaurd,

And trust that she will see,

Hiding beneath this old stained shirt,

Is a beautiful child like me?

My smile, they say, lights up a room.

I'll be good as good can be.

Oh, please, dear God, let her want

A special child like me.

I feel her hand reach out for mine,

And within her eyes I see,

A single, tiny, shining tear.

Could she want a child like me?

And when she takes me in her arms,

With a warmth so pure and new,

She says the words I've prayed to hear,

"The child I want is you"

~Lisa J Schlitt

Source:

~Lisa J Schlitt
Sep. 13, 2008
http://www.cafemom.com/group/3104/forums/read/5631262/Does_anybody_have_poems_or_quotes_about_foster_care

Peace and blessings!!!

Blessed Hannah

2 comments:

blessedfamily said...

That's a tough situation. I know for my family foster to adopt would be really hard, particularly for my little one who desparately wants a sibling or two. At the same time, however straight out adopting from foster care is very hard as well and very competitive from what I have been told. Continue to pray about it. Seek God's divine assistance and he will give you the answer that best suits your family.

Blessings!

Blessed & Highly Favored! said...

Thank you blessed family! :-) Your words of inspiration and encouragement motivate and inspire me. Thank you so much, we will remain in prayer about this. Thank you so much for your kind words! :-)