Our Favorite Quotes

" The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
*~ Alice Walker~*

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Poems about adoption

I found some poem about the website that I have mentioned at the bottom of this post listed under sources. These poems are very moving, touching, and it shows that love of a parent is not about flesh and blood, or blood being thicker than water... it is about having room in your heart to accept, be responsible, nurture, and love a child regardless of he or she not being your own flesh and blood.
_______________________________________________________________________


The Poetry...


They told me I could not conceive, and tests showed they were right;

They considered but the physical, forgetting our Father's Might.

True, my child, I did not conceive you within the limites of my womb,

But still you grew within my heart- a heart with boundless room.

They told me I could not conceive, and in on way they were right.

Now I know they are the barren ones, comprehension out of sight

For they cannot conceieve, my son, of how it feels to see

The face of a child, not of my flesh, but of my destiny

They cannot conceieve, my child, of what it means to love.

Another woman, another man, who prayed to God above

And then decided to love enough, to give to me their son.

To love, and raise, and call my own, until my life is done.

They cannot conceieve, dear one, of bonds beyond the ties.

Of if you have your daddy's nose or if you have my eyes

They cannot conceive, my child, of all the Lord still has in store.

For this family he created, not of my flesh and bone, but more.

They told me I could not conceive, and in part their words were true.....

For I cannot conceive, dear son, of never loving you.

~~Valerie Kay Gwin

__________________________________________________________________



You came into our lives

when you thought all was lost

A becon of hope

in a world full of frost

From the very first smile

you held our hearts

A wish I had made

to never tear us apart.

A family we are

now that is true

All the joy in the world

because of you.

Never again

will you be left alone

For here with us

We are your home.

By Danielle Good


__________________________________________


A Single Starfish
By Loren Eiseley

One day an old man was walking along the beach. It was low tide, and the sand was littered with thousands of stranded starfish that the water had carried in and then left behind. The man began walking very carefully so as not to step on any of the beautiful creatures. Since the animals still seemed to be alive, he considered picking some of them up and putting them back in the water, where they could resume their lives.

The man knew the starfish would die if left on the beach's dry sand but he reasoned that he could not possibly help them all, so he chose to do nothing and continued walking.

Soon afterward, the man came upon a small child on the beach who was frantically throwing one starfish after another back into the sea. The old man stopped and asked the child, "What are you doing?"

"I'm saving the starfish," the child replied.

"Why waste your time?... There are so many you can't save them all so what does is matter?" argued the man.

Without hesitation, the child picked up another starfish and tossed the starfish back into the water... "It matters to this one," the child explained.

__________________________________________________________________________

A Child Like Me?

With saddened eyes and head bent low,

It's damaged goods most see.

Whith my unclear past and broken heart,

Who would want a child like me?

I watch her walk into the room.

From a distance I can see.

But dare I take a closer step?

Who would want a child like me?

And then I see her look my way.

She smiles so tenderly.

But do I even dare to dream,

She would want a child like me?

And then, as if I spoke out loud,

She approaches cautionsly.

I try so hard to once believe,

She will want a child like me.

But dare I once let down my gaurd,

And trust that she will see,

Hiding beneath this old stained shirt,

Is a beautiful child like me?

My smile, they say, lights up a room.

I'll be good as good can be.

Oh, please, dear God, let her want

A special child like me.

I feel her hand reach out for mine,

And within her eyes I see,

A single, tiny, shining tear.

Could she want a child like me?

And when she takes me in her arms,

With a warmth so pure and new,

She says the words I've prayed to hear,

"The child I want is you"

~Lisa J Schlitt

________________________________________________________________________

Not Flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, you didn't grow beneath my heart, but in it.

~Anonymous

________________________________________________________________________________

Source:
CafeMom
Sep 13, 2008
http://www.cafemom.com/group/3104/forums/read/5631262/Does_anybody_have_poems_or_quotes_about_foster_care

No comments: