Our Favorite Quotes

" The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
*~ Alice Walker~*

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tasks Completed... so far...

We are making progress as we check things off the checklist...

1. Complete the adoption application...( 7 pages)...
So far... 2 pages left to complete...
2. Background check request ( 1page)...
COMPLETE!!!! :-)
3. Fingerprint process...
Completed at the Sequoyah County Sheriff's office today... YEAH!.. Completed!!!

So far, today we had a our background checks completed, we had to go to Sallisaw,Oklahoma to have our fingerprints digitally photographed and scanned. A very interesting and cool procedure that I enjoyed learning about and participating in.

Okay... Only One Complaint about this...
The only thing I did not like what when they asked about race...they asked my husband if he was White or Indian, but they selected Black for my race, and they selected black for my hair and brown for my eyes. They did not question me about my race, hair color, or my eye color.I am a multiracial woman who does not have black hair or brown eyes if one looked at me and could tell, but needless to say, diversity still should be a subject taught early in elementary. People are different but no matter what we are the same under our pigmentation, or lack of pigmenatation. But I really do think the people did not mean any harm to me at all, I do realize and know they are asking questions that their job has created, thus, they must ask, it is apart of the script.
I wish I had been able to identify myself and not allow them to identify me since I am a declared multiracial woman.

Moving ON!!!...
Any who... YEAH for us!!!!!

Next stop... completing this application and making sure we have everything completed so it will not come back to bite us later! :-)

Kudos to us!

Until Next time...

Peace, Blessings unto you, and unto yours!


Blessed Hannah

No comments: